Connecting people through global outdoor experiences, and distributing footwear to children in India and other places, are why we exist.
A Global Community
Where we come from, who we are, what we do, and how we see ourselves may appear to set us oceans apart. Yet when we come together around the simple pleasures that the outdoors provides us, we experience something universal. It has the power to challenge, inspire, and restore us. We envision a global community stretching across the world, connected by this idea. We were born and continue to grow with this concept as our starting point. It underlies everything we do and aspire to. It’s even a part of our name!
The Case for Being Outside
Science and our own experiences back up the case for being active outside. It helps us sleep more soundly, fight illness more effectively, focus more clearly, work more efficiently, and improves our mood.
Hiking through a dense forest, observing wildlife in a national park, kayaking down a river, or going for a walk and taking in some fresh air as you let your thoughts settle—these are just a few of the ways you might enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds us.
Far too many children around the world walk around without shoes or have inadequate footwear. Providing this is a simple yet powerful way to bridge the gap. Proper footwear enables them to fully experience the multitude of benefits that walking, playing, trekking, sports, and other outdoor activities provide.
How We’re Making It Happen
Through our programmatic approach, at a micro-community/grassroots level, we are:
- Increasing access to suitable footwear
- Accompanying our footwear initiative with messaging that encourages foot hygiene and informs recipients about proper footwear usage and maintenance.
- Investing in individuals and communities
- Collaborating with humanitarian organizations on social impact programs that provide basic nutrition, shelter, clothing, as well as literacy and physical education.
- Partnering with corporations eager to participate in the best CSR activities in India and globally.
- Organizing activities to help children experience the outdoors and get the most of their footwear.
- Co-sponsoring giveaways and other promotions that help scale Footnote.world so we can build our community.
- Promoting democratic principles, stewardship of the environment, as well as equal access to the outdoors and everything it has to offer.
- Dignity and respect for all, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, class, income level, or religion.
- Open communication, even when difficult. For this reason, we curate any information we present in our most authentic voice and those of our contributors.
- Presenting the most inspiring outdoor resources available through our content.
- Partnering with like-minded individuals and organizations to strengthen the outdoor community.
- Working as a team to ensure each initiative is clearly defined and has real potential for making positive change, and that our community knows about it.
- Responsibility, and committing to making decisions that align with our mission.